[AccessD] What is the cost

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Aug 21 10:38:11 CDT 2009

Does anyone know the cost of building a base query, then a query on top of that query with a where
clause in the top query.

And is there any other way to do this...

I need to build a boolean true / false in two fields FieldA and FieldB, then a third field - Where
not FieldA and Not FieldB.

Trying to do this directly in one query gives an error message "does not recognize FieldA".  In the
past I always just built a "base query" where I build up the boolean fields FieldA and FieldB, then
create a query on top of that which does the final where not fielda and not fieldb.

this does work because FieldA and FieldB now exist to the top level query, but of course it causes
me to have to create two queries etc.

Can this be done in a single level?  In theory you could put whatever you are doing to create the
boolean values into a single field, but it is not "visible", i.e. you cannot look down through the
data and SEE whether the records create boolean trues and falses.

So I want to create the two boolean fields, and then use those fields in a third field.  ATM Jet is
objecting.