[AccessD] Access Web Databases: Let the Wild-Eyed Speculation Begin!

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Mon Aug 31 14:18:01 CDT 2009

Nope. I would look at the direction Office in General is going in terms of the web to get a good idea of what's happening.

The demo I seen was good but again it was not using a complex commercial application. I would say if your DB is heavy into VBA and uses a large amount of code you would still be looking at .NET or something else. However, if it was using some of the new features of Office 10 then it is fine.

I doubt you will get a big .NET application for the web.

They are not similar to DAP in that they will work in multiple browsers.

Sorry but they have this under a very tight NDA

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
The Library at Queen's