[AccessD] Dual monitor laptop

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:07:02 CST 2009

I have dual monitors set up on my desktop, plus a laptop on a desk extension
at right angles to my main desk.  When I need to use the laptop, I swivel
around so that the laptop keyboard/mouse is in a comfortable position.

I couldn't get along at all doing development work without two monitors on
my main machine.

Actually, my setup has drifted into excess - I also have a second monitor
attached to my laptop (so I have a total of 4 screens visible) which I use
for stuff that doesn't change a lot, like my to-do list and time log.  I
could get along without that, but I acquired the extra monitor and I figured
I might as well use it.

If your mousing is causing you grief, you could train yourself to use it
with your left hand - I did that for a while a few years ago, and I've seen
other people do it - it doesn't take that long.

Doug