[AccessD] Div tag in Text field

Jim Hewson jm.hwsn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:13:35 CST 2009

I know this is a little late; I've been having email issues.  I could read
them, but not respond to them.  I had to change the subject to get this
email to go through.
Anyway - if you're still looking interested.

The "<\Div>" is html for storing part of the RTF formatting of the memo
field I Access 2007.
It marks the beginning and end of a line.
It is seen when looking at the field contents in a datasheet or with Plain
Text chosen in the Text format of the field.  If you look at the field
through a form with the RTF turned on they won't show.

To get rid of them there are a couple of things you can do...
1.  Ensure the format in the field definition in the table is Plain text.
2.  Ensure the format for each text box is also Plain text.
3.  Once the field definition and text box are formatted to plain text then
the markers will need to be deleted in each field.

If you want to maintain the RTF formatting...
1.  Do the reverse of the above -- turn on RTF at the record level and at
each text box
2.  If you want to use the field in a combo box or list box the codes will
show up again...
However, there is an undocumented function named PlainText(fieldname) that
will strip the markers and convert the RTF for viewing as plain text.

HTH

Jim