[AccessD] Citrix and Access

Pedro Janssen pedro at plex.nl
Fri Feb 6 15:16:09 CST 2009

Hello Dan,

in the hospital where i work, we have access on citrix.
We have only few troubles with citrix and access.With the citrix client
version 8, we had focusproblems. But these focusproblems were for al office
products under citrix. When client version 10 was installed. the where still
some focusproblems, but these where minor. With focusproblems i mean. I
close a table in access. Normally the focus then goes to the  database
window, but with citrix the focus sometimes went to another program, that
was open, or to the desktop.
Another issue with citrix is that not al virusscanners are citrix proof.
When you use one that isn't, you get sometimes (or many times) an annoying
type delay. You type the letters, but they appear seconds later. Whit
scrolling this isn't annoying, but a pain in the a......... When scrolling
through a large table, and the delay gets to the scrolling, you better go do
something else. The scrolling then is very slow, can't be speed up and you
have to wait and wait.

Succes

Best Wishes

Pedro