[AccessD] Citrix and Access

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Feb 9 10:58:22 CST 2009

Thanks Joe - good stuff to learn!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Joe O'Connell
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 10:34 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Citrix and Access

Dan,

I have worked with Access on a Citrix server for more than 10 years with
no major problems.  I am in complete agreement with everything that Jim
and Mark have given you, they have provided excellent advice and
suggestions.

For some applications another feature of Citrix that is useful is the
ability to publish the application.  Users logon anonymously and your
Access application can start automatically.  When the Access application
closes, the user is automatically logged off.  Since the users cannot
get to a desktop, they are locked out of everything except the one
application which you make available to them.  This also maximizes use
of the Citrix licenses since you can control how long users are logged
on, and log them off automatically if they are not actively using your
application.

Joe O'Connell