[AccessD] Find First in an Array? - The Solution Revisited - Now Tag is the Answer

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Feb 24 17:21:34 CST 2009

LOL.  Nah.  It's a good idea.

I think you and I agree that the Class/Collection method is more
powerful and capable.  It doesn't make the Tag method 'wrong'.  There
are drawbacks, which I mentioned in a post a few minutes ago, but it
doesn't make it a bad idea.  There are drawbacks to the class/collection
method (the big one is that if you don't have a firm grasp of classes
and collections, you'd be putting a process you don't really understand
into a production app you own...).

I haven't gotten any feedback on my example though.... (Rocky commented
on OT, posted it there first by accident).

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:15 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Find First in an Array? - The Solution Revisited
- Now Tag is the Answer

I sense a "tag war" coming on...

;-)

Drew Wutka wrote:
> Yes...it does.
>
> If you are using the tag property for EVERY control in every form,
then
> how do you use that same property for something else?
>
> You could copy the value out, but what if, during the process where
the
> tag is holding your value, it tries to use the tag for the
translation?
> It won't work right.
>
> Besides, one of the great purposes of a tag is that it will let you
> store arbitrary information about a control at design time.  Why waste
> that functionality in an entire app, when you can 'translate' in other
> ways that leave the tags alone?
>
> Drew

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.