[AccessD] Access 2007 spell check

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Jan 6 18:34:08 CST 2009

List,

In the older versions of Access you could press F7 or go to tools/spelling
to check the spelling of items in a text box control. You could also run
spell check with DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling.  When I tried to do this in
Access 2007 nothing happens.  I checked to make sure the spell check
functionality is installed and it seems to be.  Spell check works in Word
2007 on the same machine.

In Access 2007 there is a Spell Check icon in the Home ribbon, but in my
case it does nothing.  Any idea what the issue could be? Hopefully it is not
a hosed install of Access.

Thanks in advance.

Doug