[AccessD] Application Error logging

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jan 20 10:53:16 CST 2009

Charlotte,

Access 97 and previous had the VBA Editor built right in to
Access.  Beginning with A2K Access started using the VB
Editor that is part of office, i.e. the same one used by
Excel, Word etc.

As some of you might recall, I built an error code insertion
wizard, which did work in A97.  When it was ported to A2K,
our good friend Seth Galitzer ported it using VB, creating a
DLL, which used VBE automation to do this stuff.

Two very different editing environments.

The MZ-Tools stuff uses the VBE automation to do the
insertion and thus will not work with A97 and previous,
since those versions did not use the VBE.