[AccessD] Application Error logging

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jan 20 11:42:13 CST 2009

Oh, now I understand what you meant.

Charlotte Foust

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:53 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Application Error logging

Charlotte,

Access 97 and previous had the VBA Editor built right in to Access.
Beginning with A2K Access started using the VB Editor that is part of
office, i.e. the same one used by Excel, Word etc.

As some of you might recall, I built an error code insertion wizard,
which did work in A97.  When it was ported to A2K, our good friend Seth
Galitzer ported it using VB, creating a DLL, which used VBE automation
to do this stuff.

Two very different editing environments.

The MZ-Tools stuff uses the VBE automation to do the insertion and thus
will not work with A97 and previous, since those versions did not use
the VBE.