[AccessD] MS Excel 2007 + MS InforPath 2007 Automation docs and samples....

Салахетдинов Шамиль mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Jan 28 00:28:33 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm looking for information and working samples of MS Excel 2007 + MS Infopath 2007 Automation: basically the task is as the following:

- there exists MS Infopath 2007 form with a list (datasheet) form having up to 300 rows;
- this form is published on server (it's unclear what kind of server is used in this case - SharePoint or MS Forms Server or ... - it's unclear because I do not have access to this environment and I'm going to make this project in "semi-blind" mode based on screenshots and descriptions of the target environment..);
- the above mentioned InfoPath form is exported into MS Excel worksheet;
- MS Excel worksheets gets up to 300 rows and let's say 20 columns with one of those columns being a link to another InforPath form;
- each and every link of MS Excel rows' shoudl be clicked to open MS Inforpath form, put current date in one of the fields and click button save - repeat that up to 300 times...

That's a "monkey work", which is not yet automated there on target environment, and it's unclear how much time it will take to thjem to automate this work/task. And I have to help ASAP here...

I do not have working experince with InfoPath development/Automation, and I'm currently reading:

Guide to InfoPath 2007 Developer Documentation

and I suppose I should try to use:

InfoPath Managed Code External Automation Object Model
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.infopath(VS.80).aspx

I'd be very grateful to get and investigate ready to use sample - something like:

- 1. start InfoPath using Automation;
- 2. open a form in InfoPath given its location (authentication? login? passeord?)
- 3. export Infopath form into MS Excel workbook (save on local disk);
- 4. open saved MS Excel workbook;
- 5. "click" link in given column to open InfopathForm;
- 6. enter a value in a given field;
- 7. "click" button in InfoPath form;
- 8. close InfoPath form;
- 9. repeat steps 5-8 as many times as the qty of rows with data in MS Excel workbook.

Note: Exporting to MS Excel can be skipped IOW list/datasheet InfoPath form can be used as source of the links to "click" on to open another form to enter a data value in a field of, to click button of, to close...

TIA.

--
Shamil