[AccessD] Now that the SP_ExecSQL is working

Салахетдинов Шамиль mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Jan 29 13:04:02 CST 2009

John,

I do not know what happens on SP boundary while passing parameters on its call and getting their values back on return - I can only guess - I worked a lot in assembler in the past and I have seen what happens "under the hood" in FORTRAN, PL/I, COBOL, Pascal, C/C++ etc. while passing params back and force ...

For me it is also unclear why they (MS) require to specify OUTPUT keyword explicitly while calling SP...

Also missing OUTPUT keyword here, and "scratching my head" from time to time :)

Thank you.

--
Shamil

P.S. In C# where OUT keyword is also required on both a method definition and its call, such OUT keyword allows to pass unassigned parameters as opposed to REF keyword, which requires params' variables to have a value assigned before calling a method - such value can be null but it should be explicitly assigned in code otherwise C# compiler reports compile error...