[AccessD] Now that the SP_ExecSQL is working

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jan 29 13:34:06 CST 2009

I am guessing that it is exactly a "boundary" that causes
these issues.  In VB, the program is all just one big blob
of memory.  If I pass a variable or a pointer, the receiving
object has access to the blob of memory and can just use a
pointer because it can grab whatever it needs from wherever
the pointer points to.

In the case of SQL Server, it runs "over there", often quite
literally on a completely different machine.  As a result
passing stuff back and forth is going to be very different.
  Once you think about it that way it is obvious, but not so
much when you are first trying to do this.  And with no
experience, the syntax is going to be obtuse.  And of course
(from one who William consistently calls obtuse) BOL is the
very definition of Obtuse.

Being obtuse and understanding obtuse are two completely
unrelated skills.  ;-)