[AccessD] OT: Calling all women IT professionals

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 10:31:57 CST 2009

Okay, over the last few weeks I've been putting together a list of "can't
live without" utilities and tools for an article to be published on
TechRepublic.com.

Now, I don't want to make a political statement, but so far, there's only
one woman on that list! I'd like a few more, and no, I won't say anything
about the gender mix in the content -- it's not relevant, but I'd like a
better mix.

If you'd like to contribute, I just need a list of the tools/utilities that
you use all the time and would feel lost without. I'll also need a short
description of your current contribution to the IT industry (what you do)
and if you like, I can include contact information -- this is a great way
for those of you working for yourself to network a bit. I never promise
results when I do this, but it can't hurt.

I'm staring at a deadline, so um... if you'd be quick about it too????? :)

Oh, and any fellow who'd still like to contribute, you certainly may --
there's no limit on the number.

Please contact me privately at ssharkins at gmail.com. I think this article has
the potential to generate a lot of interest and discussion and should prove
helpful for other developers/administrators/ITwhatevers.

Susan H.