[AccessD] Special Folders

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jul 16 07:19:35 CDT 2009

Further to my previsou response. That works if you are sure the user has Acrobat Reader 8
installed. If they have an earlier version or use another PDF reader, it will break. That;s why
the ShellExecute is a better solution, it will open any registered file type with the registered
application.

FWIW, I   don't put Acrobat reader on my clients machines, I give them Foxit Reader
instead.  It's smaller, faster, more secure and offers more capablities  than Adobe's bloated
offering. (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/).  It also has some really good,
reasonably priced  add-ons if you want to do more than just read PDFs.