[AccessD] Crosstab question

A.D.Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Thu Jul 23 00:40:37 CDT 2009

Steve,

    Apparently, you wish to display 3 columns per month for the twelve months on the report. This translates to 36 columns in all.

    You can consider a simple crosstab query based upon your normal source table,  delivering 36 columns (3 columns per month). On the report, labels depicting month names can be placed in such a manner that each such label spans three columns pertaining to the given month.

    Sample crosstab query given below, demonstrates this approach. T_Data is the source table having fields RYear, RMonth, Category and Result (all number type). For each month in a given year, there will be three records pertaining to the three categories respectively (i.e. 1, 2, 3)

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal

Sample crosstab query
TRANSFORM First(T_Data.Result) AS FirstOfResult
SELECT T_Data.RYear
FROM T_Data
GROUP BY T_Data.RYear
PIVOT "M_" & Format([RMonth],"00") & "_" & [Category];