[AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Fri Jun 26 11:58:44 CDT 2009

And that is the core issue Rocky.  I personally have not used Goto,
other then in ErrorHandling, in quite some time.  The last time I can
remember is something similar to what Max posted, where I had a section
I was skipping in 'testing/development', and I used the goto to sort of
'mass comment' out a section.

With OOP, it should be very rare that you ever even have a super long
single procedure function.  Objects should be coded to handle a vast
majority of whatever your code is trying to do.  Standard Modules should
only be used when it doesn't make sense to create an object to handle a
task.  However, my main point in debating this particular issue is that
you can't possibly know every possible coding project that has or will
ever exist, so to deny a tool simply because of people misusing it is
just stubborn!

;)

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 8:42 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

If the steps are coded as subs or functions then you don't have to
repeat
the Step code - just call the sub or function.  Making the original
example
pretty clear.  Especially if the functions or subs are titled something
description and/or a few comments are inserted into the code.
(Comments??!!
Gasp!)

Rocky