[AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

Steve Goodhall steve at goodhall.info
Fri Jun 26 12:50:45 CDT 2009

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }If
you want to be strictly OOP, you could use this construct to skip code
that you don't want to remove completely
 do
 exit do ' skip the rest
 ...unexecuted code
 exit do ' safeguard from eternal loop
 loop
 also, you don't really need to use goto in error code even though
Access generates a bunch of it.  I will follow up on that later
 Regards,
 Steve Goodhall, MSCS, PMP
 248-505-5204
 On Fri 26/06/09 12:58 PM , "Drew Wutka" DWUTKA at marlow.com sent:
 And that is the core issue Rocky.  I personally have not used Goto,
 other then in ErrorHandling, in quite some time.  The last time I
can
 remember is something similar to what Max posted, where I had a
section
 I was skipping in 'testing/development', and I used the goto to sort
of
 'mass comment' out a section.
 With OOP, it should be very rare that you ever even have a super
long
 single procedure function.  Objects should be coded to handle a vast
 majority of whatever your code is trying to do.  Standard Modules
should
 only be used when it doesn't make sense to create an object to
handle a
 task.  However, my main point in debating this particular issue is
that
 you can't possibly know every possible coding project that has or
will
 ever exist, so to deny a tool simply because of people misusing it
is
 just stubborn!
 ;)
 Drew