[AccessD] Good price on CPU/MB

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 30 06:54:51 CDT 2009

See the AMD Phenom II 940 CPU / ECS A780 motherboard combo.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/June-0-2009/7th30/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL063009&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL063009-_-email-_-E0-_-Promoword&cm_lm=jwcolby@colbyconsulting.com

You are getting a fast quad core CPU and the MB is only $10 more than the CPU alone.  That is a
steal.  And... it has the on-board graphics.  Not gaming graphics but it is quite respectable.

This would make an awesome dev machine.  With a 4 gigs of DIMM it would cost about $250 to have a
first rate FAST quad core (assuming an upgrade, and your PS is compatible).

I use this processor and the same chipset (different manufacturer) for one of my two SQL Server
machines.