[AccessD] Scrum and C#

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Mar 1 04:51:39 CST 2009

Hi everybody,

I have just found this information on:

Popfly Explorer

- Share Visual Studio solutions with friends using the Popfly Explorer plug-in
- Add mash-ups to Web pages
- Effortlessly create and host a Popfly Web site that contains your mash-ups
- Access Visual Studio Express solutions on Popfly
   a) Store copies of Visual Studio Express solutions on Popfly
   b) Access creations from any computer with Visual Studio and Popfly Explorer
- Exchange with friends; check out their latest projects, rate them and leave comments through Popfly

http://www.microsoft.com/express/popfly/default.aspx (bottom of web page)

That seems to be a good and free solution for our first project?

Shouldn't we try it within the next week by just creating a simple VS project and by trying to program five lines long classes and share the code to see how well this sharing works?

Should we use CodePlex instead
http://codeplex.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=CodePlex%20FAQ&referringTitle=Home
?

I personally do not have any preferences currently - PopFly looks like a light and good enough solution for our project on first glance - I have got this impression after reading the above description :) - CodePlex is "heavier" but more advanced, and CodePlex has some licensing regulations AFAIS...

Because our team is small and the project is not big and database model will be stable and functionality fixed we can just split the project in parts and take responsibility for every part - I mean we probably do not need advanced source control tools for this project...

Thank you.

--
Shamil