[AccessD] Filtered combos

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Mar 5 10:15:45 CST 2009

We actually do something related in our .Net products.  We store special
purpose SQL in xml files with nodes for Read, Create, Delete and Update
if necessary.  When we need to use it,  We read it out of the xml file
add any necessary where clause and put it to use.  The details of
reading the xml files are handled in classes but the class doesn't cache
the sql because it doesn't really cost anything to read it out of xml.
No database connection required or anything.

I have in past Access apps used a table to store SQL strings and used a
class to retrieve the appropriate SQL and put it to use, but the details
are buried in the dim past.

Charlotte Foust