[AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Mar 20 18:09:59 CDT 2009

Drew,

I agree with everything you say except this.

An Operating System  is the software layer between the hardware and applications.

I want an Operating System, pure and simple, not a combination of operating system and
application suite.  I want to  decide what applications I need, not have them bundled.

If I want contact management, calendaring, mail, web browsing, media player etc, etc, I will
install the programs that I want to use for these applications - they are NOT operating
system functions and I object to paying for Mircosoft's versions of these applications when I
buy their operating system.  How much cheaper would a WIndows Licence be if it wasn't
bundled with all these other applications?

--
Stuart