[AccessD] Please Help!

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:53:36 CDT 2009

Well as Bryan said, the >> indents on the posts are a pretty standard
thing in e-mail. I think it comes from the clients. To put a script to
strip them out is only looking for trouble in my opinion. The footers
added to the mail mark the mail that came from the list. If it has the
footer you know it came from the list. If someone forwards a message
from the list to someone else, unless they edit that out, it is
identified as coming from our list. And it serves as an advertisement.

To me it really comes back to the simple fact that everyone needs to
TRIM the message when they are formatting a reply. Period. Simple.
Effective. Cheap.

And I forget to do it myself often enough but it's a habit thing too.
Once you start doing it you just do it. Like putting on a seat belt
when you get in the car.

My opinions.

GK

--