[AccessD] Please Help!

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:12:37 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Mark A Matte <markamatte at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I intentionally left the history on this email.
>
> 1 email...4 replies...326 '>'s added.
>
> Not to mention 'stuff we are adding to each:

That is the point. Trim the NON-relevant parts of the original email.
Leave enough for context, but get rid of the rest then there is no
issues with too many footers and >'s

Let's see, my reply has 12 > and no other old posts because they
aren't relevant to this part of the discussion and only 1 footer from
the list, and that is the one that gets added when I send this email
to the lisr.

> Someone mentioned we are developers...
> Not sure if this is possible...Any chance we could set a script to strip things out before it is posted and send just text:
> 1.  The To: line is always the same.
> 2.  Not sure how to look at the subject
> 3.  Remove ">>" or anytime ">" occurs multiple times">>"
> 4.  Why are we adding our own name/address at the bottom "> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com"

There are lots of tools out there, but they require copying and
pasting from and to your email client. AFAIC that is a waste of time
and effort. Just trim the posts and this problem goes away. It's
worked this way for oh.... several DECADES before MS came along and
spoiled the game with their non-compliant email clients..

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"