[AccessD] AccessD Forum, List, Bottom posting, sigs, etc...

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 26 10:15:38 CDT 2009

I would like to make a comment re the SQL Server list specifically.

I used to belong to that list and ask questions there.  I got MANY "if you don't know that much then
you have no business using SQL Server" kind of responses, and a whole ton more "RTFM" and "BOL"
Server lite (or whatever it is called) is being recommended by Microsoft as a BE replacement for an
Access database container, that kind of attitude is ludicrous.

In the end that specific list was so unhelpful to me that I just unsubbed, and given my limited SQL
Server experience, I have no intention of ever going back.

I occasionally post SQL Server questions on this list, under the theory that there are just a ton of
folks here with all kinds of background.  Sometimes the questions are answered, sometimes not, but
in the end I have received much more SQL Server assistance from this list than I ever received from
the SQL Server list.  Kinda sad, but that is just my experience, YMMV etc.

If you happen to be a SQL Server admin (I am obviously not) then you might very well find that list
to be VERY helpful, and I would recommend that you try it.