[AccessD] OT: New features on Experts-Exchange

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Fri Mar 27 17:09:11 CDT 2009

I will take a look at admuncher.  I use BlackHole Proxy and the HOSTS file.

Blackhole Proxy-uses a javascript to block images and urls on a per page
basis and replaces ads or "bad" images with a transparent 1x1px image.
http://www.schooner.com/~loverso/no-ads/

HOSTS- blocks whole domains and redirects them off to la-la land i.e.
127.0.0.1
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Both are not perfect, sometimes the tool will "block" good sites but you
can setup shortcuts to temporarily turn it off.  Better to be safe than
sorry.  Both are upgradeable.  Oh and both are free.

Mike...