[AccessD] Copy Protection Needed

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sat May 2 05:16:59 CDT 2009

Susan,
I would store it in a User Defined Property on the BE and the FE.  The UDP
would store BE HD Srl No.  (Plus anything else you want to create info for,
eg Date installed, Company Licensed to, etc, etc).

Each time the BE fires up it checks the HD Srl No.  Each time the FE fires
up it checks the entries on the BE - it also increases the number of logged
users by 1 and checks if they have reached the licensed limit.  You can also
limit the number of installations this way.

Make use of the UDP to store and record all sorts of stuff.  Limited only by
your imagination and your needs.

When the BE first fires up, the HDPs won't be there, so you know it is a
fresh install.  The user never sees these properties and wont know they are
there.  Use them in conjunction with an encrypted MDE to log events etc.

Max