[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: Access 2007 / 2003 install shuffle

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 27 09:55:16 CDT 2009

There are advantages to a VM, but in this specific case I need Excel 2007 available at all times.
This machine is a SQL Server that I built specifically for this client who uses 2007.  He uses Excel
2007, and loves it mostly because of the large spreadsheets it can create.  Or something.

At any rate, I need to be able to generate native 2007 spreadsheets for him.  OTOH I also use Access
2003 to supervise some complex BCP output / input processes, processes which take as many as 5-10
stored procedures to accomplish (each way).  So I use Access even more than I use Excel.  I will NOT
be going to Access 2007 for this stuff, it is just too confusing.

So it is Access 2003 and Excel 2007.  Sigh.