[AccessD] Update or CancelUpdate Without Addnew or Edit

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Sep 21 14:02:49 CDT 2009

Dear List:

I have a rather complex form with a multi-page tab.  Some of the tabs have
subforms

When I open the form and click in an empty space on the subform I get the
message "Update or CancelUpdate Without Addnew or Edit".  If I go to any
other tab page with a subform and click anywhere on the subform I get the
message.  One of the tab pages generates the message without even clicking.

I can click on any tab page which does not have a subform with no problem.

I get this problem in 2007 but not 2003.  My client has it in 2007 and 2003.
But not on all machines.

I'm stumped.  Any ideas welcome.

MTIA

Rocky