[AccessD] Drawing verticle line in the detail section of a report

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Sep 30 20:03:33 CDT 2009

I'm just getting ready to solve this problem on a report that has 4 'can
grow' subreports on it.  And I need a vertical line from top to bottom of
the section.  There are two section events I'm going to try - OnFormat and
OnPrint.  I'll draw a vertical line where I want it - but only as high as
the design height of the section, obviously.  And then set the height of
that line in one of those events.

I think by the time you get to OnPrint the section height is already maxed
out - but I'm not sure you can set the Height property of a line at that
tie.  I know you can do it in the OnFormat event, but I'm not sure the
section height is at its maximum at that time.

So it'll take a little experimenting.  If you find out anything let us know.
Otherwise I'll post my solution if I find one.

BTW, the height if the section and/or the line has to be expressed in twips.
1440 twips = 1 inch.

Regards,

Rocky