[AccessD] This just in

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Apr 9 10:15:56 CDT 2010

Jürgen

Using a SSD really only works if the database is mostly read-only.  SSDs will wear out in a
heartbeat if they are written to 24/7.

OTOH if they are read-only, they can be accessed MUCH faster, they can process thousands or even
tens of thousands of IOPS per second.

I personally have a need for this, but not the bucks.

Sigh.