[AccessD] Dot-net 3.5 / Turbotax - anyone else experience this ?

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 11:57:15 CDT 2010

My wife and I have been Turbotax users for almost a decade.
Prior to the 2009 release, her 5 year old desktop computer with 512 meg DRAM
performed well.
This year, it appears Turbotax was rewritten in the latest dot-net
framework.
It was hardly usable on her machine.....it was so slow.
To top it off, the GUI changed to a 2 panel design with the form list on the
left, form data on the right.
It was an awful choice because of the lengthy descriptions of the form
names....
 one had to constantly shrink and expand the panels.

Was this apparent to anyone else on the list ?