[AccessD] "Test to Production" Procedures for Access 2007application in a small environment

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 09:43:50 CDT 2010

Hi Brad,

I would add that you need a 'roll-back' copy of the production file.

Create a folder named PROD Archive.  Each time you want to update, first
create a folder within PROD Archive that is named IAW today's date.  Then
copy the PROD file(s) you are updating to that folder.

Then, make the copy from TEST to PROD.  With this you can quickly roll back
to PROD if you need to.

Another thing I've found that's helpful is to have a Review system.  If
you're working on a longer term improvement, you and your primary contact(s)
can use that as a 'see if this is what you want' environment.  At one of my
customers, we frequently use their ATT Connect on-line meeting software to
go through issues and improvements - saves me half a day and a 60 mile round
trip!

HTH,
Dan