[AccessD] Preparing Database for Web

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Sun Dec 12 14:00:23 CST 2010

Team,

I have a customer who want a simple database created which will
ultimately be hooked up to a web interface (Order screen for fabric
samples, and tracking screen to show status of order).

I still need to sit down with them to work out the likely number of
records, simultaneous users etc (which I am doing tomorrow).

Currently their databases are all Access.  Assuming the size of the
new database will be well within Access limits, is Access  suitably
robust for web applications, or should I start off with SQL?

I will be getting someone else to do the web side of things but want
to make sure that I make it as easy as possible (read cheap) for them.

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand