[AccessD] RemoteEatBloat

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:19:49 CST 2010

Ken,

When I  wrote EatBloat and again for RemoteEatBloat I specifically stated it
was for A2k3 and it tests for this and  puts your current version on the
title bar Eatbloat)

I  don't know if Dan has made it less specific on the rewrite, but it may
well be that he didn't and you may be having compatibility problems.

Would you like me to send you on RemoteEatBloat to test? It is not yet
finished and I have to handle Relationships and linking.

So far it (RemoteEatBloat) handles For Export:-

Tables (Local only - specifically does NOT do linked tables otherwise
Imports to new mdb would be incorrect).
Queries
Forms
Reports
Macros
Modules
References
Relationships (wip)
Links (wip)
It does not handle Pages (DAP) and I have no intention of bothering with
that.

It is a standalone unlike the Eatboat which required to sit inside the
source mdb.
It prompts for a source mdb
Exports selected objects as listed above (tables can be csv, xls, xml or all
of them)

For imports:
It prompts for a new mdb.
Imports exported objects into the new mdb.
Compacts and Repairs
Deletes the working  file.
Again, the Relationships (wip) and Links (wip) are work in progress.

The  source mdb  is not changed in any way.
It is an  Access  program and therefore if the source file has an access
problem then it is most unlikely that this program will overcome that.

Let me know if you want a copy

Max