[AccessD] A2003:Replacing 'tokens' in a string

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jan 28 07:44:19 CST 2010

It was suggested as A solution, and it was suggested because it is a trivial solution to a trivial task.

Classes are not rocket science.  I was not suggesting a framework.  Two classes is 5 minutes (for
me).  A TRIVIAL solution to a trivial problem, but it has the advantage of reusability.

You make it sound as if doing it with a pair of classes is going to take a week.  And I suppose it
might take YOU a week.  And if that is the case then...

a) You need to become more fluent in classes.
b) This is a TRIVIAL exercise which would provide a good platform for becoming more comfortable with
classes.
c) You need to knock out the problem any way you can and then come back and learn enough about
classes that it is trivial to you as well.

This is a TRIVIAL problem and FOR ME the solution using a pair of classes is trivial as well.  I
have always challenged everyone on this list to become so good with classes that it is trivial for
you as well.

You resist Max, your loss.  Just because you can't knock out a class solution doesn't mean it is a
hammer.  It simply means that to YOU it is a hammer.