[AccessD] Word merge document

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jul 6 10:20:28 CDT 2010

Hi John

Oh, so it should look like:

Child/Youth Name: Some Name	Date of Birth: Some birthday
Niño/joven # 1:       		Fecha de nacimiento:

Couldn't you then print the merge fields twice:

Child/Youth Name: <<Name1>>	Date of Birth: <<DOB1>>
Niño/joven # 1:  <<Name1>>	Fecha de nacimiento: <<DOB1>>

and in the Spanish row print <<Name1>> and <<DOB1>> with white
forecolour?

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 06-07-2010 16:50 >>>
 > I see your problem but still believes that a table will solve this.
Here two rows and four
columns (and you would need the variables to be printed in both rows,
right?):

No, not even close.  This is just the first row of a two PAGE document
with about 50 fields of
various lengths, sometimes just a single field on a line, sometimes
three on a line.  ALL with
Spanish translations directly below the English "Label".

For next year I will be doing an Access report but the user printed and
mailed fifty of these to
parents from last years VBS.  She wants the merged doc to look like the
doc she mailed so that the
people working the registration table aren't spending all night
searching around trying to find the
data.

Word SUCKS sometimes.  Perhaps even most of the time?

Gustav Brock wrote:
> Hi John
>
> I see your problem but still believes that a table will solve this.
> Here two rows and four columns (and you would need the variables to
be
> printed in both rows, right?):
>
> Child/Youth Name: <<Name1>>	Date of Birth: <<DOB1>>
> Niño/joven # 1:  <<Name1>>	Fecha de nacimiento: <<DOB1>>
>
> Not that I'm a Word expert (actually I stay off Word if at all
> possible) but I think I saw this method in one of Susan's articles.
>
> /gustav

> Gustav,
>
> The problem is the stinkin user (you know users)
>
> She wants it to look like the document that she prints for anyone
who
> just fills out the form
> manually, so that a person going through these on the first day of
VBS
> can see all registration
> documents looking the same.
>
> So I have a field in my merge document that looks like:
>
> Child/Youth Name: <<Name1>>	Date of Birth: <<DOB1>>
> Niño/joven # 1:  Nombre		Fecha de nacimiento:
>

> The words on the consecutive lines need to line up with each other,
> which I can do with tabs (or
> spaces).  However as the length of <<Name1>> changes, it pushes Date
Of