[AccessD] Access 2007 Attachments

Ramz . ramzcbu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 17:26:38 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a subform that has an attachment field in its data
source, and now I want this attachment field to be displayed in an unbound
attachment object in the main form. I've done online searches on how to go
about this, and it seemed the "best" approach is to first save this
attachment field's contents into a file in the HDD, and then use this newly
created file as the image source for the attachment object. The contents of
the attachment field, by the way, is a single ID photo. I'm tempted to use
this approach but worried that the disk i/o will slow things down. Does
anyone know of another way of dealing with attachment fields and unbound
attachment objects?

Thank you in advance!

-- Ramil