[AccessD] Future of Microsoft Access

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Jul 26 17:07:47 CDT 2010

I completely agree.  Access is like the leatherman of computer
applications.  Always handy for some jobs, completely useless for
others.  And MS's lack of listening when it comes to hard core
developers, has let some great ideas slip by, and pigeon holed Access a
bit.

I've got tons of examples where Access falls short when it comes to it's
interface.... don't even get me started!

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Charlotte
Foust
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:29 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Future of Microsoft Access

Steve,

We all know you're an Access fan.  I have been too, since I preordered
version 1.0.  That doesn't blind me to the fact that Microsoft, not
developers, has niched Access into a "power user" slot.  Everyone who
has been on this list for a while has made Access stand up and do
tricks.  We KNOW what it can do, but MS has ignored our pleas on
behalf of Access since forever.  That is why the "legend" of Access's
demise persists.  Access will be around, but it gets cosmetic
treatments not true improvements.

Charlotte Foust

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business
Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination,
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.