[AccessD] Is IE8 crippled?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 3 10:19:56 CDT 2010

Hi Karen:

Although I am very tempted to use item 2, item 1 will have to do. Thank you
so much Karen. 8-)

A fellow IT guy says that about a month ago, on a large install of Windows7
his crew removed IE8 from all the stations and are still holding high hopes
for IE9. It does seem drastic but at 2:00AM this morning, a much larger
culling did not seem inappropriate.

I was just reading an excellent MS article on how to do overlapping IFrames
so it seems so odd that they do not allow their browsers to support even
local domain IFrames out of the box so to speak? I know what you are going
to say about there being a 'local' compatibility mode but it does not work.

While we are on the subject do you have a method handy for testing whether a
version of IE8 has set compatibility mode of or still off.

TIA
Jim