[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: 2 Questions

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 10 09:45:32 CST 2010

 > SO she deleted the ones from the query that she didn't want and printed the rest - not knowing
that when you delete records from a query you're actually deleting them from the tables. A little
knowledge...

ROTFLMAO!  That is one worth retelling.

I had a user discovered how to add fields to the table.  I found her adding fields to the table.
The hilarious part is that she was in the FE trying to add fields to the table in the BE.

I quietly informed her that she is not allowed to do such things - that she needs to ASK... , then I
quietly informed her manager that she was trying to do this and that she is not allowed to do such
things.

It certainly sounds like you handle the "who is authorized" issue.