[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: 2 Questions

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Mar 10 10:22:06 CST 2010

Regarding access restrictions I tell users there are two approaches - one in
an environment where people might want to do mischief or go around the
rules, and one where people behave according to the rules.  Because my
restrictions are easily overcome - the passwords and access levels can be
changed just by opening the user table in the back end.

In every one of my clients' cases, the open easily defeated access
restrictions are fine because everyone 'follows the rules'.  If they only
have read/write and need admin access, they won't change their level in the
back end just to get something done - they'll ask an admin level person to
do it.

In a large user environment like your insurance app, I'm sure this would not
be adequate protection against people who might want to cover their
mistakes, their tracks, or their ass.