[AccessD] Out of memory error

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 11 10:00:03 CST 2010

AFAICT this is not a "memory" error at all but rather a "video" error.  this has always happened to
me when it is a complex app, with hundreds of objects to draw (combos, text boxes, check boxes etc).
  Using tabs and JIT subforms has helped a lot.

That said, if you have SQL Server installed and this isn't primarily a SQL Server box, you might
want to adjust the server to only use a small amount of ram, manually set the processor and I/O
affinity etc.  In fact I recommend looking at these settings regardless.  SQL Server tries to set up
with a billion terabytes of RAM and use all of the processors etc.  The "billions of terabytes"
causes it to think it has more than is actually available and page stuff incessantly.  The "all
processors" causes it to grab all of the cores and locks the user interface up incessantly.

This will almost certainly NOT help with this "out of memory" error but it will make you machine
respond better.