[AccessD] Out of memory error

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 11 10:47:03 CST 2010

Hi Arthur:

I have run across that type of error recently. After 2 days of research I
narrowed it down to an embedded MS Access error. There is no way around them
except to rebuild the form and try not to get too fancy... Just use tabs
instead of overlapping fields turned off and on. (The system really does not
like overlapping fields!)... Probably does not like overlapping objects of
the same kind but I did not test that far.

I even went so far as to export the offending form using of course Max's
EatBloat app, imported it into a new and clean MDB and within a couple of
minutes there was the 'insufficient memory' on the screen.

The application that I was having problems with was being built in Access
2003.

HTH
Jim