[AccessD] Really long memo fields

Bill Benson (vbacreations) vbacreations at gmail.com
Mon May 17 19:33:31 CDT 2010

Any chance you can use a 2nd invisible text box (make it visible when you
need it) if a test of the length of the displayed string exceeds some limit
which you deem to approximate slightly less than 64K worth of text?

Watch out this is not tested...

Str1 = Left (LongString, SomeNumber)
'End on a space
Str1 = Left(Str1, instrRev(Str1,Chr(32)-1))
Txt1 = Str1

If Len(LongString) - Len(str1) > 1 then
   Str2 = Right(LongString, Len(LongString)- Len(str1) - 1)
   Txt2.Visible = True
   Txt2 = Str2
Else
   Txt2 = ""