[AccessD] Friday’s Puzzler – Table Def “Connection” Info (Database Name)

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 10:54:03 CDT 2010

We have just started to explore the information contained in Access Table
Def  “.connect”

We would specifically like to see the Database Name because we are building
a system that will have a TEST database and a PROD database and we plan to
dynamically switch between the two.

For a test, we linked to one SQL Server table via a User-ID (Windows
Authentication)

We then linked to a second SQL Server table via a SQL Server “Login” (SQL
Server Authentication).  We want to use this approach for the long term.

Here is the part that we don’t understand.

When we look at the table def connect info for the first table, we can see
the database name.

When we look at the table def connect info for the second table (SQL Server
Authentication) we CANNOT see the database name.  (This is the piece of data
that we really want to see).

Any ideas on how we can fix this?

Thanks,

Brad