[AccessD] Samsung 2 gb 5400 $80

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Mon Nov 29 11:41:11 CST 2010

Unfortunately Windows uses a proprietary video format, wtv.  There are
some applications that will convert wtv to mpg or ts format which is a
more common container.  This is especially useful if you want to edit the
video, for example cut out the commercials.  One problem with wtv is it
can not be used to burn DVD/Bluray disks, it must be converted to a
standard container that is acceptable for burning.  What a lot of users
are doing is automatically converting wtv to a standard container and then
saving it.

The **best** tool for editing is VideoReDo (VRD).  It cost ~$100 BUT it
can, right now mostly handle wtv.  I say mostly because it has been a work
in progress because they must reverse-engineer things.  VRD supports most
of the common commercial video containers like ts, mpg, mp4, H264, and
more encoding and decoding.  It is well worth the money.  Oh it is also
frame-accurate in editing, which you will not find elsewhere.
http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

Mike...

> That is impressive.  Do you know if it plays the windows 7 TV recordings
> format?  I don't even know
> what that format is but ATM I have a single HTPC in the living room.  It
> has a single tuner and
> records all of my TV "stuff".  I could share that out and play it back
> from other rooms if the box
> understood that format.
>
> John W. Colby
> www.ColbyConsulting.com
>
> On 11/26/2010 1:08 PM, Michael Bahr wrote:
>> Just fond this on Youtube
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ippnPw-KMbI&feature=player_embedded#!
>>
>> Mike...
>>
>>> John, you should take a look at the PopBox or Popcorn Hour A200.  Both
>>> are
>>> less than $200; the PopBox is ~$130 and the A210 is $200 and are
>>> hardware
>>> based.  No need to muck around building another computer.  Both will