[AccessD] OT Friday Experience: Rocket Science and submarines

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Sep 4 04:01:36 CDT 2010

Hi all

As if it isn't enough to build your own spacecraft, these guys (previously) built a submarine (which is not as easy as you may think). Nautilus it is proudly named after the famous USS nuclear sub passing the North Pole years back .

So, of course, this is now used for maneuvering the launch platform to the launch area at a military area of the Baltic Sea:

  http://www.copenhagensuborbitals.com/index.php

This first test flight planned to take place tomorrow, Sunday, aimed at reaching an altitude of only 30 km will only carry a doll.
I must say I feel respect for such enthusiasm as all costs and labour are carried by donations and volunteers.

By the way, the USS Nautilus was designated a National Historic Landmark and is now settled at the Submarine Force Museum in Connecticut:

  http://www.ussnautilus.org

/gustav