[AccessD] E Mail hyperlink

b heygood bheygood at abestsystems.com
Thu Apr 7 16:47:24 CDT 2011

Hello,  I using Access 2003 to create a contact database.  I am trying to
create a field (which is currently text) in a table (or the related form)
which acts as hyperlink to the email address which is typed in there for
each contact.  i.e. we want to be able to click on the field and have it
open to new mail message.  Can you tell me how to do this please?

I have gotten so far as to be able to right click on the control and edit
hyperlink to indicate that it is an email address, but then it wants me to
type in the address. I can't do this for all 5K+.

Other than just leaving the data in text and automating Outlook via vba when
clicking the control....
Just seems like I should be able to do this.

bob heygood