[AccessD] AC 2007/2010 - Help...this is turning into a research project

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:09:07 CDT 2011

Here's an analogy - we've all got 'em. Two days ago I was online looking at
cars and saw I could get something I wanted for a coupla grand cheaper ...
with the only problem being that the car was now in the hands of its third
owner, the second one having been an insurance company who had salvaged it
due to water damage. Oh yeah, I could take the seller's word for it that
only the floor and seats were damaged - no electrical systems were touched -
and that he has been using it for 3 years and loving every minute of it. But
I just don't want to be "That Guy" that is yawning while a dead fish loosens
itself from its moorings inside the engine compartment to come sailing
through the vents into my lap. Nope, not even for 2 grand off the already
low asking price.

Share with your client your heart felt reservations, and let them decide. I
am not sure I agree about running from the engagement.

But take your best shot at selling them the right project. Maybe start small
(what minimum could I build for you from the ground up to convince you to
let me go further?)

G/L.